Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We Labor -- We Bear Down: Gloria A.


by Gloria A.

I am so upset with the outcome of my job. I thought people would recognize the value of my work. It is so frustrating when you have worked so hard and hoped to be noticed for it, then you go and lose your job all because someone is given so much power over a situation. No one in this world should be allowed to have that much say so in someone else’s life. I have always worked beyond that which was expected of me and it seems as though it's just not worth the outcome. People are so self-centered that the focus is always on how they can come out looking like they have made it to the top and not on how all that have worked hard are a big part in where they are at. People of this world are always trying to give themselves the credit for it all and not truly looking at how it all came about. I truly believe that it takes a lot of us to make something really be successful, one man or two alone cannot build an empire into a great success unless they have a great team of people working for them (as I said it's due to a great team of hard devoted employees). Situations like these can sure tear a person down, makes me feel that I am not much of any value.



2 comments :

  1. I like the sincerity of this piece. It is sad to hear that we spend our lives working for people who will kick us out of their companies pitilessly and indifferently whenever they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sincerity of this piece. It is sad to hear that we spend our lives working for people who will kick us out of their companies pitilessly and indifferently whenever they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Wretched Female

    ReplyDelete